CARD DATA FLOW DOCUMENTATION
What is it?
Document flows by which card data information is processed, transmitted, or stored. First the information is collected, the flow is created, the perimeter is defined, and controls are defined.
What is it for?
- Input to inventory assets
- Identify segmentation controls.
- Define and maintain an adequate scope
What will he achieve?
- Up-to-date data streams
- Updated network diagrams
- Define which controls to implement and where
- Remove sensitive information
- It's a first step in defining PCI DSS scope